Sunday, July 15, 2007

Awesome church service:

Church is always good to attend--but today was awesome Our large adult choir has taken the month of July off from singing-not church. Our youth band played and sang this morning. While they did so, an artist sketched on large art paper a facial image of Jesus. He was really good. Carrie preached on Gideon as he is doing through a series and it is good. But during his speaking, and not because I wasn't listening to him, the eyes on the picture seemed to keep my attention.

It is hard to describe but had one seen it as I did, it was almost like Jesus was talking to you face to face. The eyes were so distinct and strong that you couldn't take you eyes off of it. Something about His face drew you into it. After church, I was speaking with Carol Dean and Carol Richardson and they had also noticed the face and how one was drawn to it. I hope they keep the picture in the sanctuary for others to enjoy and notice the detail and strength of it. The power of one picture made a difference today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home