Sunday, August 13, 2006

The story of the deer--picture below.

Wednesday night of last week we saw this deer standing on our farm road--it was really cool watching him look at us and then he decide to run and hide. Saturday was a different story. When CR got to the farm, the deer was just laying on the grass in Mawie's field. He saw CR and ran back into the woods. All afternoon, the deer would come out for a while and then go back to the woods. On one of my 4 wheeler trips to put out some bird feed, I decided I would go see if he was out in the field again. I saw him but knew I could not get his picture if I attemped to get to close.

I drove the 4 wheeler just past the first farm house, parked it with the motor running for a few minutes. Then turned it off. I just sat there and the deer was looking to see if he was safe of not. I didn't move off the 4 wheeler but raised my camera, zoomed it in as much as possible and got his picture. After a few minutes, he walked back into the woods. I decide if he was nice enough to hang around for me to take his picture, I would drive by the area of the woods where he hung out and drop him a little corn just to say thank you. I guess I had earned his trust because I didn't go into his territory.

To see the wildlife at the farm this year has been a treat. Just last week there were probably 7 or 8 wild turkey walking and flying across part of the field. Then we have the deer that is hanging out with us. For the first time yesterday, we had at least 30 or so dove just flying around the sunflowers and millet. I know for a fact there were that many just around the road area--didn't check the trees.

You know, God has blessed us with some pretty unique things to see, it is all a matter of taking the time to sit back and enjoy even the small ones--and enjoying it with family is even better.

1 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger simplicity said...

Great reflections and photo. Becoming quite the photographer... you'll be wearing camaflague and setting up blinds to get the Right Shot before long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home