Thursday, August 03, 2006

Well, Thursday night has come around again--where did the week go. Work has been busy,but not a bad week at all. I went and did my Prayer Room duty at the church again today. It seems like that Thursday Prayer Room Ministry blesses me more than I probably help someone else by being there. It puts a whole new look on everything around you. It is a very uplifting and vital part of our church. I take one hour a week at lunch and go to the church to assist with our prayer room. This is doing anything from writing prayer cards for people ,praying for those individuals who have prayer quilts hanging that are made by ladies in our church and are given upon request, to having that peaceful time to reflect. We keep a list of the sick, special needs etc and pray for them not only during this time but on going as needed.

I have found that by Thursday one is getting tired of work, wanting the week to be over with--only to find out that by rushing it all--we get older faster--then I realize I have so much to be thankful for that I don't want to rush anything and enjoy what I have--God, family and friends as long as I can possibly enjoy it.

Now to the weekend--and what it may bring---

1 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger simplicity said...

Nice to hear that you have a little bit of solitude in the week. A little time to pause - get refereshed - serve - and reflect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home