It is Mother's Day--this day has always been an important day for me and all moms'. I reflect back into the past and remember many wonderful moments with my mother. It seems just like yesterday when she died but I know it has now been 14 years since I have seen her. She made the best chicken pie you could put in your mouth. I remember her making home made donuts and cooking them on the stove top in her kitchen. She was always sewing,cooking,working in the garden, chasing cows,and taking care of children.With five children, I honestly don't know when she had time to do much else. We all pitched in and did our share of the work and I hope that gave her some time to rest.
The best thing about my mom was she loved her family from the extended ones to her children, and grandchildren. It is a shame that she is not here to see her great grandchildren. She would spoil them, love them and cherish her special moments with them. The Campbells, Jones, Kings and now the Littles. The family has grown a lot since 1992.
So, for the mothers on this day--hug those children, tell them you love them and God Bless you.

1 Comments:
Nice reflection. Good to hear your thoughts.
Post a Comment
<< Home