Well, after thinking it over, I have decided to do my blog again. With the week Harvey and I have had, I felt a need to write. This week, we have been to three funeral visitations and /or funerals for friends ranging in age from 90 to 69. These were a neighbor, a ham radio friend and a realtor friend's husband. All have played a role in our lives. Just this one week, we have three ladies without their spouses. I don't know if this means women are suppose to out live men or not. I am glad we were able to be there for the families.
To chill from it all , we went fishing last night and it was not one of our best fishing trips--we gave up around 8PM and came home. The best part of the fishing was having CR join us for a couple of hours to try his talent of fishing. (Opps, forgot) Harvey got the boat motor fixed and is almost ready to go trot line fishing.
Tonight was somewhat better, we went to the third annual Bill's Dollar Store Reunion. This was part of the old core group from the good ole days before the company went bankrupt several times and got sold. Most of us had left five years ago while a few had stuck it out with the new company in Columbia, MS.
There were about 27-30 of us plus many of us had our spouses with us. Several people came from Foley Alabama and one of my prior bosses (Vic Lopez) came from Oklahoma for it. It was a good reunion and not a lot of talk about the past but where we are today with our lives (jobs, family, children and many of us now have grandchildren and share those stories).
So for polishing off the week, I guess it ended well.

1 Comments:
Sounds like you have had some rough times lately but also some good times with friends. Life seems to go that way. I miss you and I miss being under the influence of your constant positive outlook on life. You know how to encourage others and I know you cheer me up! Keep blogging :-).
Post a Comment
<< Home